Tell Me About It…Brophey’s Forest Adventures: Operation Happy Forest
By Jill McKellan
A thought has come to my mind lately. I am one of the few truly fortunate people in this world because I absolutely love what I do for a living. A day doesn’t go by where I’m not thinking of something new to write, creating something awesome for somebody else, or creating something new for me. Naturally, I think those things are awesome too; however, I have a fairly difficult time talking about them. An example would be this: Somebody asks me what I do and very seldom does more detail come out than that I’m a freelance writer, ghostwriter, and published author. That’s it—the end of my pitch. Suffice it to say, I’m a considerably more eloquent writer than speaker. When I try to talk about it I get tongue tied because I’m trying to talk a million words a minute and relay my passion for writing. That is what brings about this blog and my next two that will be following it. I need to start finding ways to let more people understand what I do and maybe give my books a try as a result of my efforts. My publishers like them, but they have not caught a ton of steam.
Brophey’s Forest Adventures—The Making Of My Children’s Chapter Book
I started to write this book in college and my awesome husband, Ambrose, finally convinced me to finish it and send it in. I did just that, twenty some years later, and now it’s a published book trying to make its way into the hearts of kids and parents across our great lands. The only continent that has nobody on it that’s purchased Brophey’s Forest Adventures: Operation Happy Forest is Antarctica. I don’t expect anything from there so I’m doing well enough in regards to that goal.
Brophey’s Forest Adventures: Operation Happy Forest is a children’s book that shares the story of Brophey, a Polliop, and his desire to save the forest he lives in. Brophey is a twelve inch guy who is excited, determined, smart, and is willing to work for what he gets—all qualities we want our kids to have. The age range of this book is for 5-10 years old. The chapters are short and that makes it a great read for:
- New readers
- Parents who like to read a bit to their child before bed
Reviews of Brophey’s Forest Adventures: Operation Happy Forest
Here are a few of the reviews that I’ve discovered online for my book. They all make me happy and I am grateful that nobody has totally trashed my first published book, to my face anyways. After all, every book can be better and most every author truly believes that about their own writing.
- I read this to my 9-year old daughter and we both really enjoyed it. It’s a delightful story that teaches young kids empowerment and a respect for the environment. We’re both looking forward to future episodes with Brophey.
- This is such a fun book that is great for parents to read with their children and older children to read themselves. The characters are lively and the story vivid. My daughter and all her friends have embraced this story and are eagerly awaiting a book two. Hopefully it comes because they are asking me every day!
- As a parent I really liked that it had positive energy, ideas for creating plans and ideas; plus was an interesting insight into the make believe world of Polliop’s.
- This book was written with a great message. It delivers one that shares the importance of being good stewards of the Earth, team work, problem solving, and being excited about opportunities to make a positive impact. This was a fun and whimsical story. I got it for my son to read because he loves animals and adventures. However, he is not a fan of reading. I was really pleased to see that he enjoyed the book and was excited to read it. That was refreshing and very welcomed.I really hope this series does well and more Brophey books continue. Anything that entertains, educates, and excites kids is a great thing – this book is one of those great things!
Watch Brophey’s Forest Adventures: Operation Happy Forest Book Trailer
I’ve got to tell you—I love the book trailer. It has some of the pictures that come in the book (although in color, not black and white); plus, it does a great job of showing the excitement that I have for Brophey and all the Polliops. Take a peak:
The book is available in Wisconsin Rapids, Stevens Point, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Tate Publishing, and many other book sellers—just look online and type in my name or Brophey’s Forest Adventures.
THANK YOU EVERYBODY! I APPRECIATE YOU.